Lymphatic Drainage Massage (MLD)
Lymphatic Drainage massage is a slow, relaxing and gentle flow massage, which moves and eliminates waste and toxins from the body through the lymph nodes (part of the immune system).
There are many benefits to lymphatic drainage massage, including:
- Faster recovery after surgery by helping regenerate tissues and minimizing scarring
- Boosting immunity
- Improving digestion and boosting metabolism
- Clearer skin and a reduction of acne
- The reduction of swelling and water retention, and increased circulation
*Please note, the following conditions MUST NOT be treated with MLD due to contraindication*
- Acute inflammation – caused by bacteria, viruses and poisons are contraindicated. Tissues will be red, hot, and painful with congestion accompanied by fever. Lymphatic drainage will push these substances into the lymph channels before the body has a chance to eliminate them. This way one can spread the toxic substances throughout the body. It is best to wait a few days until the condition is not acute and the body has had a chance to clean up the area.
- Malignant tumours – there is a fear of spreading the cancer.
- Thrombosis – can lead to free floating blood clots in the circulatory system.
- Major heart problems – if the heart is not fully functioning, oedema can be lymphodynamic due to a lack of venous return. Pumping more fluid in the heart it may stress it more than the actual condition.
90 mins – $140